Available in sizes 4 inches and up, the D-2000 quick opening closure features an easy-to-operate clamp ring that can be opened or closed quickly by a single operator. Available in both horizontal and vertical configurations, the D-2000 quick opening closure design allows operators to be safely positioned to the side of the closure during opening or closing.
The D-2000 quick opening closure is customizable to specific design codes, pressure ratings, material requirements, and installation conditions.
Best used for: pig traps, filters, strainers, scrubbers, heat exchangers, blowdowns, and other vessels
- Easily operated by one person in less time than other closures.
- Ring provides positive sealing and protection from damage by tools, pigs, or debris.
- Pressure warning lock alerts operator that pressure exists prior to opening the closure.
- How long will it take my operator to open or close the closure? The D-2000 quick opening closure can be opened or closed by a single operator in less than 1 minute.
- Does the D-2000 quick opening closure meet American Society of Mechanical Engineering (ASME) codes? Yes. Closures can be designed to meet pressure piping code (B31.3/B31.4/B31.8) or pressure vessel code (ASME Sec. VIII-1).